GENERAL FUNCTION: The Area Investment Manager
provides direction and strategy for the Brokerage sales activities
within a specific area, which is comprised of the branches within a
designated affiliate or group of affiliate banks. The
AreaInvestmentManager is responsible for adherence to regulatory
and Bancorp policies and procedures for the assigned affiliate(s).
Responsible for flawless execution of Bancorp and area sales
strategies, sales performance, and sales management for theassigned
area. Directs the activities of Retail Brokerage staff in the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops Partnerships with the Retail and PCG leadership teams in
the assigned area.
* Implements the Securities sales strategy to grow revenue and
increase market share.
* Manages the Retail Brokerage staff in the area, assigns sales
territories, and monitors sales expenses.
* Implements service and quality standards to retain
* Works with the Regional Investment Manager and Fifth Third
Securities finance to set appropriate revenue and asset management
growth goals for assigned area.
* Typically involved in negotiating and closing sales with the
largest and/or most important clients and prospects.
* Administers applicable compliance programs; correspondence
reviews, suitability reviews, office visits, etc.
* Responsible for management sales reporting; ensures that reports
are accurate and that they are effectively utilized to educate and
* Works closely with senior management in developing annual
marketing plans and budgets for the assigned region and in
directing staff to achieve desired plans and
* Contributes to the development and directs the implementation of
annual marketing programs for the assigned area, and submits
recommended plan(s) to senior management.
* Represents the organization within the assigned area in
relationships with major clients, industry organizations, and other
key outside parties.
* Maintains a high level of knowledge about investments and other
trust products; functions as a product menu expert for the assigned
area in order to educate staff to fully utilize all product
offerings to best support the sales strategy and needs
* Constantly coaches the Retail Brokerage staff to improve sales
performance and customer retention, and execute defined strategies
in the area.
* Effectively executes performance management/improvement actions
to ensure the area is staffed with the right talent required to
meet strategic revenue objectives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages the Retail Brokerage staffing
the assigned area. Responsible for providing employees timely,
candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees
to their fullest potential and providechallengingopportunities that
enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent
pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning;
recognizing and rewarding employees for