Claims Adjuster Senior
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims
services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and
demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and
businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding
expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to
going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better
Position Summary:Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles the
most complex claims and highest exposures with minimal supervision.
Includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of
coverage, liability and damages, and the setting of proper
reserves. Incumbents at this level typically hold claims reserve
and settlement authority of up to $10,000 liability and/or $25,000
workers compensation or greater.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the
claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to
appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the
- Able to clearly communicate concise action plans, and present
plans for moving the case to conclusion.
- Will demonstrate complete knowledge of the claim file process
through presentation of actions and responses to client
- Processes claims consistent with clients' and corporate
policies, procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance
with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with carrier reporting and
- Able to recognize and pursue excess insurance recoveries.
Incumbents will have the ability to handle a full case load, with
proven ability to handle cases of increased severity
- High school diploma
- 5 or more years related claims experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which
claims are being handled
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and
practices Computer experience with related claims and business
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize
activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate
verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve
complex issues inherent in handling losses.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and
disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national
origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran
status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived
sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.--- Equal
employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to,
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion,
compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition,
Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or
mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher, East Lansing , Claims Adjuster Senior, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!