Company: Alfred Benesch & Co.
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: July 2, 2019
Structural Designer - Bridge Office Location: USA - MI-East Lansing
Job Code: 692 # of openings: 1 . Description Simply Put, A Great
Place to WorkAlfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing,
multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm.
Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few
examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure
and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing
connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to
remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer
exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an
opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and
likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to
share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time,
exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules,
wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take
your career to the next level by applying today. You'll like it
here. It's a great place to work.Structural Designer - East
The Impact You Will Have:
- Performing basic analysis of project elements
- Performing load development and designing calculations of
project elements and back checking work
- Preparing neat and organized structural calculations
- Designing and drafting structural elements and details
- Developing task deliverables in a complete and reviewable
- Performing tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Working independently under the guidance of a Senior
What You Will Need:
- M.S. in Structural Engineering degree or related required.
Candidates currently enrolled in a graduate program will also be
- Related structural bridge design internship and/or work
- Michigan EIT Certification preferred, with desire to obtain PE
- Basic knowledge of building/bridge construction
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Basic knowledge of general purpose structural analysis
- Basic ability and understanding of AutoCAD
- Experience with Microstation or similar program desired
- Demonstrate competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written - e-mails,
project memos, reports, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/
Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer.
Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political
affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as
a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please download the below documents:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Supplement
For more information about pay transparency, please download the
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Keywords: Alfred Benesch & Co., East Lansing , Structural Designer, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!