Trust & Fiduciary Services Specialist
Company: Tri-Star Trust
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: January 27, 2023
People are our business. Our clients' families and futures are
the focus of all our personalized wealth management solutions at
Tri-Star. We believe everyone deserves to move their financial life
forward, make well-informed decisions, and fulfill their financial
We continue to see tremendous growth in our client base and a
rapidly growing demand for our services. Are you ready to join our
caring team of professionals so we can help more clients every
---As a Trust and Fiduciary Services Specialist, you'll manage
ongoing trusts for beneficiaries and probate/trust settlement
following the death of Tri-Star clients. You'll oversee the complex
and unique needs of beneficiaries and decedents.
- Opening and transferring accounts.
- Working with beneficiaries to assess their ongoing financial
needs and appropriateness of distributions.
- Maintaining appropriate trust accountings.
- Preparing communications for internal trust committee.
- Identification and collection of assets owned by the decedent
at the time of death.
- Valuation of all assets as of the date of death.
- Settlement of all debts and payment of all valid claims and
costs of administration.
- Distribution of assets pursuant to the terms of the Trust
- Manage issues of timing and beneficiary needs during the estate
- Consult with outside attorneys, accountants, and others in
managing and controlling risk.
- Create, enhance, and expand customer relationships.
- Work toward developing process improvement and creating best
practices to share with the trust team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Two or more years of relevant estate settlement, probate
administration, trust administration, or estate planning
- Understanding of fiduciary accounting
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Desire for continuous improvement of technical skills in Trust,
Estate, and Financial services industry.
- We invest in genuine relationships, both inside and outside our
firm - you'll quickly notice what makes our people special.
- We act in good faith and hold ourselves to a higher fiduciary
- We adhere to a Higher Purpose that is a driving force in our
culture: -Building caring, genuine relationships that strengthen
families and transform our communities.
- Tri-Star has proudly given back an average of 10% of our
earnings annually as grants/donations to the communities we
- We currently serve over 1,100 relationships and manage over
$1.8 billion in client assets while maintaining 99% client
- Please visit our website at to learn more.
Keywords: Tri-Star Trust, East Lansing , Trust & Fiduciary Services Specialist, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!