Loan Certification Specialist
Company: GreenStone Farm Credit Services
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We are excited for you to apply to our Loan Certification
Specialist position is East Lansing, MI. This position is
responsible for completing post close loan origination processes
and completing final reviews to ensure loan level legal and
regulatory compliance. This position works cross functionally
within the Legal Department and across the company to review and
promote consistent applications of laws, regulations, policy,
procedures, and job aides.
GreenStone employees are driven by a desire to help rural
communities! GreenStone employees exhibit the same work ethic,
values and commitment to each other as the customers we serve.
Our $12 billion portfolio of customers, ranging from rural
homeowners to global agriculture and food businesses, provides our
employees with a unique opportunity to maintain a local presence
while working for a top workplace. Our diverse business structure
provides exciting opportunities for passionate, talented
professionals in many areas. Additionally, many of our team members
are highly respected in their area of expertise at both the state
and national level making GreenStone one of the top Farm Credit
associations in the country.
- Analyze loan documentation for quality assurance.
- Prepare corrective legal documents in accordance with local
statutory and federal regulatory requirements, association and
department policies, procedures, and direction.
- Complete Certifications to verify first lien position on loans
as requested by the Farm Credit Act.
- Rectify incomplete & inaccurate items through corrective
servicing by collecting or creating appropriate documents.
- Follow up communication with title company representatives,
Sales, Operations, Credit and Appraisal teammates as needed.
- Take action and provide necessary notifications for loan
exceptions as discovered through processes, reports or
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external
- Maintain a knowledge base of applicable legal and compliance
This Position Requires---
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related majors
- 2 + years of office work in a mortgage office, title insurance
office, or financial institution experience required.
- Must be proficient in computer technology and Microsoft
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively use internal and
proprietary software systems such as loan origination, OnBase, CRM,
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to successfully communicate
both verbally and written.
- Ability to work effectively on teams by building strong
relationships, listening to others, valuing opinions, and helping
team to meet goals.
Here's What We Can Offer You...GreenStone has an outstanding Total
Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 11 paid holidays per
- 401(k) plan - up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits,
- $100/year Logo Wear allowance
- $400/year Wellness Subsidy/Reimbursement & wellness
- Student Debt repayment grant*** Please include your salary
requirements in your cover letter
Keywords: GreenStone Farm Credit Services, East Lansing , Loan Certification Specialist, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!