MAC-ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH (PER DIEM)
Company: Sparrow Health System
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Job ID:34898 Positions Location: East Lansing, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job: As a member of
Positions Location: East Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Environmental Services team, the ES Tech is
responsible for supporting the MAC's goals of safety, member
satisfaction, and financial accountability.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties in the assigned Task Category as assigned
by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the
duties of the position. This position will receive assignments from
a computer dispatch system.
All Task Categories must adhere to the following:
- Maintains standards of participating in mandatory in-services
and other mandatory departmental requirements.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, quality assurance, and safety.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and complete
all educational programs and in-services as required.
- Follow all infection prevention practices (i.e., proper
cleaning process, hand hygiene, standard & isolation precautions
where and if required and proper use of personal Protective
- Accountable for accurately maintaining all appropriate logs and
check lists/sheets current
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfection of equipment and
areas of assignment according to procedures, policies, and
- Removes waste and transport to appropriate disposal area while
identifying proper waste streams (i.e., recycle, solid, and
- Completes daily area cleaning, stocking paper products; and
coordinates these activities with Facility Manager
- Cleans general workspaces.
- Stocks supplies
- Performs all types of floor care and maintenance throughout the
facility, include hard surfaces and carpeting.
- Adhere to all organizational safety, risk management and
infection control standards and promotes a culture of
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance on floor equipment;
requesting assistance from plant operations and maintenance as
- Maintains accurate floor care logs and checklists.
- Operates all equipment with care and according to facility and
manufacturers safety standards and procedures.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
initiatives including, but not limited to, initiatives to improve
HCAHPS scores as it relates to hospital cleanliness & "always
- Performs project work and specialty tasks according to facility
- Can include tasks such as conference room set up/dismantle
according to function sheets and schedules, cleaning of stairwells
- Inspect, sort, fold clean towels, and restock when needed
* High school diploma or GED or successful completion of 12
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Required: * Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or
mobile devices for daily job performance activities. * Respectfully
listens to viewpoints and ideas of others. * Demonstrated excellent
interpersonal skills. * Ability to communicate orally or in writing
openly and candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and
team members reciprocate in kind. * Practices critical thinking
skills to include prioritization of duties and immediate
needs/requests (Stat cleans) * Demonstrates personal accountability
* Identify and utilize appropriate resources to ensure identified
problems or concerns are followed through and resolved *
Demonstrate knowledge of facility safety requirements. *
Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all EVS
tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the environment.
* Ability to work with new caregivers in the buddy system, which
includes assisting new caregivers in acclimating to the health club
team environment * Exposure to cleaning chemicals. Potential to
exposure to cleaning and other hazardous material. * A
pre-employment physical demands test must be successfully passed
through Sparrow's Employee Health Department. * The ability to
perform routine inventory procedures. * Knowledge and skills in the
use of power equipment, conventional and high-speed floor machines,
carpet cleaning equipment, wet, dry, and power vacuum equipment,
and push sweeper. * Ability to work without close supervision. *
Ability to operate necessary equipment/machines Preferred: *
Experience in housekeeping, cleaning, stocking, sanitation, and
other related areas. * Previous experience with Linen/Laundry
services. * Previous floor care maintenance experience desired.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Degree Type / Education Level
High School / GED
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, East Lansing , MAC-ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH (PER DIEM), Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!