Company: Burcham Hills
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: November 18, 2022
POSITIONS STARTING AT $16.00 AN HOUR!! PLUS UP TO $1,000 SIGN ON
BONUS BEING OFFERED!!!
Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community
located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East
Lansing, MI. We currently have a vacancy for a Caregiver to work a
Full or Part Time schedule. Hiring for all shifts. In this position
a Caregiver will be responsible for providing assigned residents
with routine activities of daily living and services in accordance
with the residents care plan, and as directed by supervision, in
addition to but not limited to the following duties:
- Assist residents with daily oral, eye and ear care,
toileting/bathing, dressing/undressing and other hygiene or daily
activity functions according to care plan. Change dressings,
bandages, bedding etc., and take vitals as instructed.
- Assist with transporting residents, as necessary. Assist with
lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting into and out
of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care
plan and/or standards.
- Answer resident calls promptly and check on them
- Assist with care of dying resident and provide post-mortem
care, as instructed.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm, safe environment
throughout the shift.
- Assist with housekeeping, meal serving and ensure room
- Maintain an effective, friendly working relationship with
health professionals, physicians, consultants, and family
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and
want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are
positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from
Qualifications: Experience in geriatrics, and with Dementia and
Alzheimer's preferred. Ability to deal tactfully and communicate
with team members, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, and the general public with patience and a
cheerful disposition. Ability to work extended or flexible hours,
as necessary. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written
and oral instructions in English. Willingness to handle difficult
situations involving residents. You must be able to work
independently as well as a part of a highly productive team.
PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE PAYCHECK:
- Senior advocacy
- Rewarding hospitality driven environment
- Growth opportunities
- Diverse culture
- Open door atmosphere
- Option to be paid daily
- Discounted employee meals
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program to all employees
- Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full
- Employee recognition programs
- Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
- Join an exceptional team!
Many roles at Burcham Hills may require that we ask about your
vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis,
flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are
required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and
receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.
Keywords: Burcham Hills, East Lansing , Caregiver, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!