Senior Consumer Loan Processor - Underwriter - Closer
Company: Independent Bank
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Be Safe, Be Healthy, Be Independent! Do you have experience in
Consumer Loan Processing, Title, Mortgage, or Appraisals and are
looking to progress in your career? If so, we need you!At
Independent Bank, we know that you want to be independent, with
career growth and stability from an employer you can trust.
Investing in your career can feel overwhelming when there are so
many choices, and we understand your time is valuable. We are
committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our
clients, shareholders, and the communities we serve, and will
empower you to Be Independent.
About the Job:
As a Senior Consumer Loan Processor you will process, underwrite
and prepare closing packages for consumer loans including HELOC's
and Real Estate Modifications. Additionally, you will assist the
Department Manager/Senior Management with various projects, monthly
reports, and related activity.Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Accommodating and flexible paid time off.
- A knowledgeable, goal-driven, and exciting team of
- Exposure to different areas of banking and the ability to work
with leaders within the industry.
- Community-focused events and volunteer opportunities.What You
- Assist with tracking/reporting of matured loans and participate
in ongoing meetings with collection staff regarding this.
- Process and Underwrite consumer loan packages.
- Review and evaluate credit report data.
- Order various documents based on loan requirements.
- Underwrite income, appraisals, title commitments, etc. to
ensure that they meet standard consumer loan guidelines.
- Ensure that loan file complies with all loan policy and federal
- Prepare closing package with instructions.
- Mail early disclosures for HELOC's adhering to requirements for
coverage, timeliness and delivery.
- Work with lender to ensure timely processing of files to adhere
to internal policy and federal regulations.
- Approval of loan files within individual lending
- Refer loan files to appropriate authority for decisions outside
individual lending authority.
- Adverse Action preparation.
- Review and mail consumer loan denial letters.
- Post close exception follow-up and clearing.
- HMDA reporting
- Monitoring loan files for timeliness and completing 10 day
- Monitor and assign Online Loan Applications as necessary.
- Work with lender to restructure files as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary.What We're Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years consumer loan and/or mortgage experience
- Word and Excel experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at various
- Initiative to take on responsibilities from Department
- Organizational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure/against
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Math skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to make decisions and use good judgment.
- Multi-tasking skills are a requirement.
- Positive attitude and team oriented a must. Be Bold. Be YOU. Be
Keywords: Independent Bank, East Lansing , Senior Consumer Loan Processor - Underwriter - Closer, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!