Residential Loan Processor
Company: First National Bank of America
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At First National Bank of America, we're unusual in the way that
we do business, meaning that no one else in the industry does what
we do. FNBA is a niche lender, and we seek markets where there are
fewer competitors with higher rewards. FNBA provides a full suite
of consumer and business deposit services and products,
specializing as a nationwide leader in the non-QM mortgage segment.
We underwrite and service all of the loans we originate in house
which allows us to focus on our clients individually, customize our
guidelines on a case-by-case basis and build lasting relationships
with our clients. Our retail loan officers and account executives
are a dedicated group of individuals that work diligently to
provide the best mortgage solutions for each client. Here at FNBA,
we set out to be an exceptional bank and practice the culture,
"Work hard, have fun and prosper" while consistently making
effective decisions surrounding our products, our people and our
services so that we can provide an exceptional experience for our
customers, in a way that adds value to everyone. As a Residential
Loan Processor, you will work closely with our sales team,
borrowers, and third party providers to obtain documentation. This
role is essential in presenting a complete and accurate loan file
to our underwriting department that is in compliance with bank
guidelines. A successful Loan Processor will be able to recognize
and resolve challenges early in the process will providing
exceptional customer service. If working in an environment full of
exceptional people with huge hearts is something you are interested
in being a part of, and you possess the skills/talents described,
we welcome you to apply to join the First National family!
Responsibilities Reviews residential loan application files to
verify that application data is complete and meets company
standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets,
liabilities, and length of employment. Handles more complex loan
types and escalated issues.
- Provides great service for FNBA sales team and customers
- Performs the initial underwrite of the file
- Obtains the necessary documents and submits mortgage loan
application files for underwriting approval.
- Submits conditions to Underwriter to clear loan for
- Follows up on all outstanding orders to third parties and
borrowers within established company deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Performance Expectations
- Accurately prepares files for Underwriting within established
- Resubmits Underwriting conditions in a timely manner.
- Provides friendly, accurate, professional service to customers
and employees by responding to messages and correspondence in a
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and communication
skills, both oral and written.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of all mortgage products and
- Experience working in the mortgage industry preferred
- Encompass Loan Origination System experience a plus
- Customer service experience
- Strong communication skills with external and internal
- This position involves much personal contact with others inside
and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining
information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Work Environment: Position will often be in a busy office
environment. The ability to multitask and focus in this environment
is essential. Employee benefits
- Medical - Multiple plans to choose from including HSA and
traditional. Premiums as low as $0.00
- Dental - Premiums as low as $0.00
- Vision - Low premium Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with employer match
- Adjustable desks that can be raised or lowered to sit or stand
First National Bank of America recognizes that the quality of our
people is the foundation for our success. Attracting exceptional
individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards
the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring
philosophy. Job Type: Full-time Location: East Lansing, MI Note:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job.
First National Bank of America is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: First National Bank of America, East Lansing , Residential Loan Processor, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!