Machine Operator, Forging Press, Hip
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: May 12, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Machine Operator, Forging Press is
responsible for operating the press to form products using billets
and die blocks according to established standard work for
production purposes.SHIFTLAN - Shift 3 ($.50) (United States of
America - Michigan)WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Operates forging press using billets and die blocks.
- Complete all DHR documents.
- Trouble shoot/problem solve die issues.
- Produce parts to manufacturing or customer prints with minimal
- Identify visual and dimensional defects.
- Complete dimensional inspection, first piece layout and all
- Understanding of water to graphite ratio.
- Set up of press within stated time.
- Make sure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean and
well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial
duties throughout shift per the 6S schedule
- Monitor machines for irregularities
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department
Supervisor or Lead.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORWORK EXPERIENCE1+ Year of
Prior Relevant Experience (Preferred), Lean manufacturing
experience (Preferred)EDUCATIONHigh School Or Equivalent, ,
,CERTIFICATIONSMachining - Trade SchoolKNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT
ENABLE SUCCESSAccuracy and Attention to Detail (Working
Experience), Blueprint Reading (Working Experience), Data Entry
(Working Experience), GD&T (Working Experience), Handwriting
(Basic Knowledge), Information Processing (Basic Knowledge),
Machine Set Up (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic
Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality
Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Visual Quality
Assurance (Working Experience)WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matterPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Occasionally positions self to operate machinery in a variety
- Frequently visually inspect parts.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 125 pounds.
- Frequently quickly grasp objects.
- Must be able to remain in a standing position 75% of the
- Frequently operates foot and hand controls.
- Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a
number of elements occurs.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerifyEOE, including
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, East Lansing , Machine Operator, Forging Press, Hip, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!