CNC Machine Operator (6pm - 6am rotating schedule)
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: January 11, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Machine Operator position contributes to
the production of medical devices by operating and performing basic
set ups of CNC 3 and multi axis machines, with the ability to
identify machine coordinates as applicable to the program. He/she
is responsible for running multiple and varying CNC machines
simultaneously, such as Mills, Lathes and EDMs. In addition, may be
required to operate manual machine tools to cut, drill, shape where
applicable.SHIFTLAN - Shift 2A ($.50) (United States of America -
Michigan)WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Set up jobs and operate conventional, special-purpose and
computerized numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate metallic
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories and materials on machines, such as mills,
lathes, grinders and tooling pre-setter.
- Load programs into CNC machine and execute program to
accurately machine parts to meet customer specifications.
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining and make off sets and adjustments to
machines with moderate supervision.
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Grinding/Buffing of parts.
- Checking parts on CMM.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications,
using precision measuring instruments.
- Confer with engineers, programmers, or others to resolve
machining or assembly problems.
- Complete essential documentation as required.
- Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts to safely transport
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any
unusual conditions to the department supervisor or lead.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily
- Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department
Supervisor or Lead.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
(QMS). Completes all required training.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORWORK
EXPERIENCE1+ Years of experience operating machining equipment in a
manufacturing environment (Required), Experience in Medical Device
Manufacturing (Preferred), Lean manufacturing experience
(Preferred)EDUCATIONHigh School Or Equivalent, ,
,CERTIFICATIONSMachining - Trade SchoolKNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT
ENABLE SUCCESSAccuracy and Attention to Detail (Working
Experience), Blueprint Reading (Working Experience), Data Entry
(Working Experience), GD&T (Working Experience), Handwriting
(Basic Knowledge), Information Processing (Basic Knowledge),
Machine Set Up (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic
Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality
Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Visual Quality
Assurance (Working Experience)WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matterPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Constantly positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Must be able to remain in a standing position 75% of the
- Frequent grasping, fingering, manipulation of materials.
- Requires use of foot controls.
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality -oriented manufacturing
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a
number of elements occurs.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerifyEOE, including
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, East Lansing , CNC Machine Operator (6pm - 6am rotating schedule), Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!