Company: Sparrow Health System
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Job Opportunity Job ID: 27370 Positions Location: East Lansing,
MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description: Positions
Location: East Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job:
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor, the lifeguard is
responsible for the safety and welfare of all participants in the
pool area and on the pool deck. Further, he/she is to provide
assistance to all patrons, as well as communicate the aquatics
rules and regulations. Essential Duties: This job description is
intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a
regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties
as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or
modify the duties of the position.
- Provide proper safety for all patrons.
- Use preventative lifeguard skills by enforcing the established
pool rules and guidelines provided by the Aquatics Department.
- Maintain a kind, helpful and polite approach toward all
- Attend and complete all training sessions.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool area, including but not
restricted to rescue equipment, the deck and the aquatics
- Keep accurate, up-to-date pool attendance.
- Test the pool chemicals as required.
- Fill out schedule request.
- Find a substitute for any shift for which you are scheduled but
unable to work.
- Assist in the preparation of pool and tennis domes each
- Assist in special events, overnights and other activities as
- Support operations by appropriately representing the MAC in all
forums and by demonstrating commitment to MAC philosophy, mission,
goals, policies and procedures. Job Requirements General
Requirements * Must pass a lifeguard skills test prior to
employment. * Must possess and maintain current American Red Cross
CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, First Aid and lifeguard
training certifications. * Must be able to pass American Red Cross
Preventive Disease Transmission and Administering Emergency Oxygen
Training within 60 days of hiring.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills * Must be well-groomed and
professional in appearance. * Must be able to communicate in a
positive manner with staff, the public and other teammates. * Be
willing and able to work well with people of various backgrounds
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status. Job Family Service/Support/Skilled
Maintenance Requirements: Shift Variable
Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED
Status Per Diem
Facility Michigan Athletic Club
Experience Level New Grad
CategoryLifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective
Service WorkersEducationHigh School or EquivalentJob typeFull
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, East Lansing , MAC-LIFEGUARD, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!