Location: East Lansing
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest
specialty wholesale insurance brokerage firms. We work with
top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our
employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity
This position is responsible for producing new business and
servicing existing accounts.
List of Essential Duties:
- Produces revenue through sales to new and existing clients with
emphasis on mid-size companies with high revenue.
- Provides service to clients according to their needs, retaining
them as clients.
- Participates in team sales situations with other producers and
- May manage overall client relationships and is supported by
day-to-day account management.
- Assists, educates and develops other staff members in new
client sales situations and existing client service
- Applies industry technologies to new sales, additional sales to
existing clients and account service.
- Provides direction in account transfer situations.
- Prepares and implements an individual business plan and
- Develops and maintains interdivision/intercompany relationships
consistent with our corporate culture.
- Bachelor's degree, 1 year related experience, and appropriate
insurance licensing required OR;
- Bachelor's degree, participation in Gallagher's Sales
Internship Program (GSIP), and appropriate insurance licensing
- High School Diploma/GED and 6 years experience with appropriate
insurance licensing required
- Professional certification preferred (CEBS, CPCU, CIC or
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Acts independently with minimal direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S.
employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality
and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things,
post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to
equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor
favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability,
national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship,
veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or
perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected
characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in
all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but
not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable
accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Keywords: Gallagher, East Lansing , Underwriter/Broker, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!