Alzheimer's Director - Memory Care Director
Company: Trilogy Health Services
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 12, 2021
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Directs the day-to-day functions of the legacy neighborhood in
accordance with current federal, state and local standards,
guidelines and regulations that govern long-term care
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and oversees the leadership, responsibility and
accountability of general daily operations of the Legacy
Neighborhood programs of the health campus.
- Ensures Daily Rhythms activity programming is occurring per
- Develops and assembles monthly memory care activity
- Maintains appropriate resident population as outlined in the
company's memory care move in/move out criteria.
- Schedules and participates in all memory care Resident First
care conferences/service plans and assists to guide resident family
members through the campus' care continuum.
- Develops and maintains relationships with resident family
members to ensure excellent customer service.
- Facilitates family orientation to life and expectations on the
- Directs the development, implementation, supervision and
ongoing evaluation of the activities program, including the
completion and/or directing/delegating the completion of the
activities component of the comprehensive assessment.
- Contributes to and/or directs/delegates the contribution to the
comprehensive care plan goals and approaches that are
individualized to match the skills, abilities and
interests/preferences of each resident.
- Directs the activity program including scheduling of activities
both individual and groups and implements or delegates the
implementation of the programs to determine if the activities meet
the assessed needs of the resident, making revisions as
- Completes Social Services and Life Enrichment assessments and
documentation for Legacy residents per company policies and state
- Complete Life Enrichment assessment and documentation for
Legacy residents per THS policies and state regulatory
- Maintains open communication with campus staffing coordinator
to ensure consistent dementia staffing and support on the
- Interviews potential care and Life Enrichment team members to
ensure Legacy candidates possess dementia skills.
- Maintains a dementia-safe environment through daily resident
room and neighborhood rounds, management of noise and other
stimulatory sources throughout the neighborhood.
- Oversees and regularly assists with meal service adhering to
the company's Family style dining standards.
- Leads efforts to educate campus staff in dementia-related
topics. Acts as campus dementia champion.
- Develops relationships with local dementia advocacy groups
- Represents the Legacy Neighborhood at meetings to provide
support for planning and conducting various
- functions within the neighborhood such as activities, outings,
meal/food, event planning, meal /food requests,
- Assists in the marketing and the promotion of the Legacy
Neighborhood to potential referral sources.
- Maintains current written records of department expenditures
and assures that adequate financial records
- and cost reports are submitted according to policy and
- Follows all safety regulations, programs and policies and
- Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in
a health care, mental health, nurseing or social service profession
or be a licensed Health Facility Administrator (HFA).
RN and LPN experience a plus.
- Three (1+) years' dementia care experience in a healthcare,
senior living industry, or long-term care environment
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience with dementia or
Alzheimer's residents, or both within the past five (5) years.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the
Microsoft Office Suite of products.
The Willows at East Lansing East Lansing Michigan
TEXT ONE OF OUR RECRUITERS
Ryan (248) 963-8309
LIFE AT TRILOGY
Trilogy Health Services was founded in December 1997 and is an
innovative, dynamic senior living company based out of Louisville,
KY. We are a Fortune Best Places to Work in Aging Services, a
certified Great Place to Work, and one of Glassdoor's Top 100 Best
Companies to Work. Trilogy has over 100 locations and continues to
grow across IN, OH, MI and KY. We offer an outstanding opportunity
for a motivated and focused individual to join our growing company
and experience the Trilogy Difference. We care for you while you
care for others. #C4U
The Trilogy Advantage
- Competitive Salaries & Weekly Pay
- Substantial Paid Tuition to Purdue Global
- Generous Health Insurance Options
- Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarships and Student Loan
- Employee Celebrations
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Team Trilogy - It's Where You Belong
Keywords: Trilogy Health Services, East Lansing , Alzheimer's Director - Memory Care Director, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!