Customer Support Analyst II
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative
software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite
of products provides solutions to our customers that help them
better manage their business, boost their productivity and
efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at
the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product
innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to
create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our
solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across
the U.S., Canada, and India.
The Vertafore employee in this position for Customer Support
Analyst II will play a vital role in orchestrating and managing
multifaceted escalated issues to resolution and develop root cause
analysis. They help facilitate resolution of escalated customer
issues and manage operations related to supporting Customer Support
teams. They work cross-functionally across Vertafore, including
Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and
Product Management to help guide the client and contribute to the
future growth of the team.
A customer support analyst at Vertafore works directly with
clients as part of a cross-functional team, which means they need
to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced
environment and service-focused to help nurture the client
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the
- Identify issues and opportunities for product improvement and
customer usability through defect trends, root cause analysis,
release management knowledge, cross functional team input, feedback
from advisory boards, and other sources.
- Directly impacting the customer's ability to improve
productivity, manage account needs, standardize and streamline
processes, as well as capture data for strategic
- A proven demonstration to take on and communicate Support
related front and back end product work of other products or
disciplines, product integration, reading and executing scripts,
and development workflow practices.
- Partners well with Vertafore management, trainers and
representatives to resolve Support issues. As a mentor or coach,
you are viewed as helpful and effective in continuous improvement.
This person will be a strong liaison with other Vertafore teams
such as Product Development, Professional Services, Sales, and
- Partner with management to identify skill gaps, develop
training material, assists in and/or leads training for Vertafore
- Works independently and within small teams to build new
Vertafore processes. This includes exercising proper and advanced
use and adherence to customer management tools, promoting content
knowledge base growth, positively effecting strategic or tactical
defect resolution, and solving complex escalated customer
- Apply deep and broad product and technical expertise to new
customer issues or scenarios, with a focus on how products work and
- Incorporate new product and technical knowledge that benefit
the customer while helping team members continually develop product
and technical expertise.
- Mentor for product expertise and technical excellence within
the Customer Care Organization and across Vertafore, as well as a
change champion within the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Profound Vertafore product knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service experience
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Have wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and
company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and
- Solid understanding of insurance and insurance workflow
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with databases, SQL,
server knowledge. data modeling, and reporting as needed for
- An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others
and mentor team members
- Demonstrated ability to produce well-written and succinct
technical analysis and documentation to stakeholders in development
and product management
- May be required to provide additional after-hours support to
provide resolution or assistance to customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years Vertafore Application Support and Customer Service
- Subject matter expert level Vertafore product knowledge
- Results orientated integrated with key performance
- Proficiency Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Technical savvy, experience with SQL is preferred
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on
an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are
scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
Keywords: Vertafore, East Lansing , Customer Support Analyst II, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!