Software Engineer II
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative
software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite
of products provides solutions to our customers that help them
better manage their business, boost their productivity and
efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the
heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product
innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to
create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our
solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across
the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software
and QA Engineers, you will create software products utilizing state
of the art technologies. With your team, you'll celebrate all the
hard work that goes into a successful release to market while
gaining first-hand experience in cutting edge, lean-agile, software
development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration,
innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN.
Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an
opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for
a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop
software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love
to get in touch with you.
We need software engineers that:
- Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean
- Have a minimum of 3 years of Java experience with common
frameworks (Spring, Struts, Hibernate, etc.)
- Are experienced in building web applications in modern
enterprise containers (WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.)
- Are comfortable working with and building RESTful web service
- Can work advanced database magic with relational and NoSQL
- Are in-tune with high performance and high availability
- Have experience in security best practices for software and
- Are comfortable working with web services (RESTful)
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application
- Are interested and capable of learning other programming
languages as needed.
We love software engineers that:
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality
- Are curious and avid learners
- Can interact with customers to gather insights and translate
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Share what they know by mentoring other team members
- Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location when required. Our
offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to
- Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an
as needed basis.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Keywords: Vertafore, East Lansing , Software Engineer II, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!