Company: Burcham Hills
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Burcham Hills is a not-for-profit, Life Plan Community, which
simply means everything a resident or client needs for every phase
of life all in one location. We are located on 38 beautiful acres
and provide our residents and clients security and a peace of mind
by offering a complete continuum of care. Burcham Hills is the name
mid-Michigan has trusted for over 45 years.
At Burcham Hills, it is our quest to employ positive staff who
are searching for opportunities to give great care and recognize
the value of delighting residents and clients. We offer the
following benefits to our dedicated team of employees: Competitive
pay based on your experience, Free Parking, in-house gym and
wellness program, Holiday pay and shift/weekend premium pay ,
Generous tuition reimbursement, Health, dental, vision, life
and disability insurance, and 401(k) programs with a discretionary
match and a generous paid-time off package and many other
benefits that are available. (*For eligible employees)
Everyone will receive support from an experienced
interdisciplinary team committed to quality outcomes, on-the-job
training, CEUs and skills development training. We are committed to
creating a team that reflects society as a whole, while striving
for a culture of excellence. Finding and hiring that talent ensures
our current and future success. We always have opportunities for
career advancement and we are pleased to be an equal opportunity
Dishwasher: Part-Time Position Available
We offer flexible scheduling, a variety of perks which includes
a free meal during each shift worked, great starting pay, and
plenty of opportunity to grow. Come join us! We want you on our
Clean and sanitize dishes, pots, pans, utensils and performs
regular cleaning duties.
Some Responsibilities and Duties as an Dishwasher:
- Clean and sanitize dishes, pots and pans, glassware, silverware
and serving utensils
- Ensure that dishes, utensils, etc. are appropriately cleaned
and readily available for the next meal.
- Return clean items to proper storage locations.
- Perform daily and/or scheduled cleaning duties.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Clean dish machine and pot and pan area as directed.
- Dispose of garbage from areas as needed/assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment storage carts, racks,
garbage pails, etc.
- Maintain record of dish machine temperatures and ware washing
- Utilize all cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA
- Assist in resident meal service.
- Assist in assembly and or table service of resident meals.
- Prepare food items as assigned for resident meals.
- Assist in cleaning of resident dining areas and/or serving
- Return items to designated area for washing.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience washing dishes in a hotel, restaurant or club
preferred; will train.
- Works well under stressful/high volume work periods.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, exercise independent judgment
and follow through to completion with little or no
- Ability to read, write, communicate and follow oral and written
instructions in English effectively to interpret and explain the
menu, refer or answer questions, understand resident requests and
resident dietary needs, as well as follow rules and safety
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate with,
understand, empathize with, work with, and be tolerant of
residents, families, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
general public, peers, supervisors and subordinates.
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we
serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to
consider Burcham Hills.
Keywords: Burcham Hills, East Lansing , Dishwasher, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!