Company: Burcham Hills
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Burcham Hills is a not-for-profit, Life Plan Community, which
simply means everything a resident or client needs for every phase
of life all in one location. We are located on 38 beautiful acres
and provide our residents and clients security and a peace of mind
by offering a complete continuum of care. Burcham Hills is the name
mid-Michigan has trusted for over 45 years.
At Burcham Hills, it is our quest to employ positive staff who
are searching for opportunities to give great care and recognize
the value of delighting residents and clients. We offer the
following benefits to our dedicated team of employees: Competitive
pay based on your experience, Free Parking, in-house gym and
wellness program, Holiday pay and shift/weekend premium pay ,
Generous tuition reimbursement, Health, dental, vision, life
and disability insurance, and 401(k) programs with a discretionary
match and a generous paid-time off package and many other
benefits that are available. (*For eligible employees)
Everyone will receive support from an experienced
interdisciplinary team committed to quality outcomes, on-the-job
training, CEUs and skills development training. We are committed to
creating a team that reflects society as a whole, while striving
for a culture of excellence. Finding and hiring that talent ensures
our current and future success. We always have opportunities for
career advancement and we are pleased to be an equal opportunity
Provide residents with non-skilled nursing services in
accordance with physicians orders in administration of medications
and treatments. Provide assigned residents with routine daily
nursing care and services in accordance with the residents
assessment and care plan, and as directed by supervision.
Some Responsibilities and Duties as a Medication Aide:
- Administer medication and treatments as prescribed by
- Monitor response to existing treatment plans, aware of
prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors
residents for occurrence of such and notifies nurse.
- Adhere to community infection control policies and procedures
relevant to medication/treatment administration.
- Administer medications as defined in medication procedure and
according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR). Exhibit
understanding of and follow medication policies and
- Maintain residents records daily in a timely manner and in
accordance with BHRC policy and procedure. This includes
documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure
activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in
residents physical condition and/or behaviors, visitors, etc.
Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each
resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the medicine
supply carts, auditing as directed by the Manager.
- Receive reports on assigned residents MARS and any outstanding
- Count controlled substances with off-going nurse or med-tech,
assume responsibility for assuring accuracy of count before
accepting keys. Maintain keys securely.
Some Responsibilities and Duties as a Caregiver:
- Review care plan daily. Observe and report all changes in the
residents condition to the Clinical Service Supervisor as soon as
- Make resident comfortable.
- Assist with transporting residents, as necessary. Assist with
lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting into and out
of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care
plan and/or standards.
- Assist residents with daily oral, eye and ear care, toileting /
bathing, dressing/undressing and other hygiene or daily activity
functions according to care plan. Change dressings, bandages,
binders, bedding etc., as instructed.
- Maintain intake and output records as instructed. Record all
entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc.
- Answer resident calls promptly and check on them
- Maintain an effective, friendly working relationship with
health professionals, physicians, consultants, and family
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 months related experience and/or training in
direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- CNA or nursing coursework completed is preferred.
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly Alzheimers type is
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours, as necessary.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to residents, residents families, and other
associates of the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand
and follow written and oral instructions.
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we
serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to
consider Burcham Hills.
Keywords: Burcham Hills, East Lansing , Medication Aide/Caregiver, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!