Company: Prestige Healthcare
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants
We are currently hiring for a Dietary Aide
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the
best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the
impact on residents and their family members.
We promote "growing our own" and are very involved in our
employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- 401k Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products
Help us make a difference!
Assists with the preparation and service of food using proper
food handling and food safety techniques for residents, as well as
employees and special events, that tastes good and is served at the
proper temperature and in an attractive manner in accordance with
established standards. Maintains a clean and safe working
environment in accordance with established standards.
- Prepares and/or pre-portions food (such as beverages, salads,
desserts, and other items assigned by the supervisor) for regular
and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu for meals and
snacks, as well as employees and special events, as
- Prepares and/or portions food using proper food handling and
food safety techniques according to established policies,
procedures, guidelines, and regulations.
- Makes only authorized changes to the planned menu and records
the change according to established policy.
- Ensures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing
- Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare menu items.
- Ensures that meals and snacks are delivered to designated areas
according to established time schedules.
- Ensures that the proper quantity of food is prepared and/or
pre-portioned as directed and within established time
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and
service. Records temperatures of food according to established
- Serves resident meals/snacks accurately in accordance with the
planned menu, the resident's diet order, and food preferences.
- Uses the correct portion control utensils during the
preparation, pre-portioning, and service of food.
- Labels, dates, and stores food properly according to
- Ensures that refrigerator/freezer temperatures are within the
appropriate range. Records temperatures on appropriate logs and
reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Washes dishes, etc. according to established procedures for
manual and/or automatic dishwashing. Records water temperatures
and/or sanitizer on designated logs. Reports any problems with
proper water temperature or sanitizer to the supervisor in a timely
- Keeps work area clean and uncluttered during preparation and
service of food.
- Performs cleaning assignments according to established policies
and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
- Performs duties using proper infection control techniques and
using protective equipment as needed.
- Ensures that dishes, etc. are readily available for the next
meal. Stores dishes, etc. in the proper location in a way to
- Assists in receiving, storing, and verifying invoices for
incoming food, supplies, etc. as indicated by the supervisor.
- Ensures that an adequate supply of food, supplies, etc. is
available at all times. Reports inadequate stock levels to the
supervisor in a timely manner.
- Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic
manner to prevent waste.
- Maintains the security of the department.
- Performs all duties using proper safety techniques.
- Operates equipment according to manufacturer and supervisory
direction. Maintains equipment in clean and safe operating
condition. Reports all equipment problems to supervisor
- Completes tasks according to established time schedules.
- Makes recommendations to the supervisor regarding improvements
in recipes, menus, production and service of food, equipment, etc.
to enhance the quality of the food service.
- Works cooperatively as a team member with co-workers in all
departments of the Nursing Center.
- Interacts appropriately and in a positive manner with
residents, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and ethics according to
Company policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends in-service education and applies instruction to
Keywords: Prestige Healthcare, East Lansing , Dietary Aide, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!