Company: Prestige Healthcare
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants
We are currently hiring for a Dietary Director to join our
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the
best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the
impact on residents and their family members.
We promote "growing our own" and are very involved in our
employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our
Student Loan Repayment Program
Opportunities for Advancement
Company Paid Life Insurance
Paid Sick & Vacation Time
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products
Help us make a difference!
Primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Dietary
Technician and Dietitian in planning, organizing, developing and
directing the overall operations of the Dietary Department in
accordance with current federal, state, and local stands,
guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be
directed by the Administrator. Assure that quality nutritional
services are provided on a daily basis and that the dietary
department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
Maintain budgeting compliance and customer service standards in all
- Knowledge of nutritional requirements in a large volume
- License or certification as mandated by the state in which
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
- Experience in long-term care environment and geriatric
nutrition preferred, with at least two years of quantity food
- Participate in the development of food service policy and
procedure development and promote interdisciplinary
- Understand/support the Resident Bill of Rights reflected in all
aspects of performance, concern and caring for residents.
- Participate/support/monitor the CQI (QA) process.
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards.
- Responsible for developing and evalutating job descriptions and
- Establish and evaluate tray service and other departmental
services to the facility..
- Implement and evaluate systems for receiving, storing and
allocating food and non-food materials for dietary services.
- Assume financial accountability for dietary services.
- Coordinate goals and objectives for the dietary deparment.
- Procure food supplies and equipment for the dietary
- Participate in short and long range planning of the physical
plan, layot/design and capital improvements.
- Conduct self in a professional manner, supervising and
evaluating job performance of all dietary staff.
- Attend facility and departmental meetings.
- Monitor tray service, resident meal service and feeding
- Train and orient staff to new developments and/or changes
- Assist in monitoring and setting up of department systems and
- Assist in ensuring diet changes, meal extras, snacks, etc are
processed on a daily basis.
- Perform the inventory and ordering process for department
- Assist in providing in-services for all staff regarding dietary
- Assist Dietician in planning/implementing menu cycles, resident
choice meals and any other food events that occur with the
- Coordinate communication between the shifts and other
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: This description is designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to
describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be
Keywords: Prestige Healthcare, East Lansing , Dietary Director, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!