Project Manager II
Company: HNTB Corporation
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 1, 2021
What We're Looking For
Responsible for the leadership and management of team in support
of the project's profitable operation. Responsible for proactively
managing the project's technical budget (direct labor and expenses,
including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical
requirements, contractual obligations, team communications and
HNTB's 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on
budget and to the client's satisfaction on every project.
Responsible for gross revenue of $5M-$10M.
Provides development & execution of project work plans, on major
highway programs, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope,
budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project
closeout. Also accountable for leading major program management
tasks and associated project budgets related to design-build
delivery, contracting & procurement and risk management.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Reports directly to Program Managers on large complex programs
($200 million - $4 billon construction value)
- Leads innovative design-build delivery teams
- Manages major program tasks responsible for scope, schedule,
budget, quality and direction of technical procurement
- Participates in client service team meetings
- Meets externally with clients to support business
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- MDOT Design Experience (Highway design, maintaining traffic,
- MDOT Design-Build delivery experience
What You'll Need
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as
the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope
of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research,
reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the
most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's
Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the
preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by
project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 12 years relevant experience
- 4 years project management experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EOE including disability and vet
Keywords: HNTB Corporation, East Lansing , Project Manager II, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!