Company: MSU Federal Credit Union
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Who we are:
Founded in 1937, MSU Federal Credit Union is owned and operated
by members of the Michigan State University and Oakland University
communities. We offer financial services to MSU and OU faculty,
staff, students, alumni association members, and their families as
well as a variety of select employee groups
A day in the life of a Project Manager:
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for overseeing the
successful planning, execution, and completion of enterprise-wide
business and technology projects that provide exceptional value to
members, employees, and the community. The PM provides input and
feedback on emerging portfolio project management and agile
operating disciplines, to ensure that projects and initiatives are
accomplished in alignment with the Credit Union's mission, culture,
and strategic plan. This position may be responsible for managing
several concurrent high visibility projects in a fast-paced
environment with multiple business departments, branches, and
communities. This position will report to the VP of Project
This position is currently acting in a fully remote capacity.
Future hybrid and remote opportunities will exist in this position
based on the needs of the business.
- Consistently initiates, plans, and executes key MSUFCU
enterprise wide business and technology projects. Functions as both
diplomat and negotiator by proactively identifying and objectively
facilitating resolution of cross-team impediments on all projects
- Develops and maintains a project vision statement, timelines,
and work plan to help cross functional teams understand project
roles, assignments, deliverables, and targeted completion
- Establishes and measures critical success factors for each
assigned project, including benefits, costs, and schedule. Fosters
an environment of continuous improvement by participating in
retrospectives and sharing lessons learned.
- Schedules and facilitates project team meetings and conducts
written and/or verbal presentations to department, management, and
credit union staff.
- Develops relationships with third party vendors as necessary
for assigned projects, including communicating via email, phone,
etc., arranging meetings, and discussing questions and requirements
in order to complete assigned projects.
- Develops and shares regular project status updates with project
team members and executive sponsors. Proactively identifies,
mitigates, and resolves impediments to successful project
- Works proactively with product owners, business systems
analysts, and project team members to identify and make key
decisions regarding project scope and priorities, service designs,
target timelines, deliverables, and deployment strategies.
- Effectively builds consensus with key stakeholders, executive
team, and project team members across department lines. Coaches and
guides team members through the process of successful project
execution in an agile environment.
- Supports the Product Owner and Executive Sponsor in managing
expectations for project deliverables, stakeholder communications,
and effective project team collaboration.
- Promotes empowerment of the project team, ensuring that each
team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful
contribution, while encouraging a sustainable pace with high-levels
- Works closely with other Information Technology teams and other
Credit Union departments; coordinating projects that need shared
resources, determining and resolving any overlapping impacts on
various systems, and ensuring good working relationships between
- Conducts training and provides guidance on project management
and continuous process improvement to direct reports and Credit
Union leadership and project stakeholders to ensure understanding
- Stay current on financial and technology industry topics with
ongoing education, through readings, webinars, trainings,
- Participates in training activities within the
department/branches/human resources, as well as training outside
the department; such training helps to ensure staff compliance with
Credit Union policies and state and federal regulations and
- Assists in periodic audits of project management related system
usage and connections to ensure compliance with the Credit Union's
Safeguarding Member Information Standards and Procedures, policies,
and to guard against unauthorized users and undesirable or
destructive software. Respond to and take corrective action for any
audit findings for reporting areas' related systems.
- Assists as needed in the development, documentation, and
enforcement of IT Standards and Procedures and the Safeguarding
Member Information Policy with other IT leadership.
- Acts as a role model by demonstrating initiative,
responsibility, integrity, professionalism, and dependability.
Create relationships built on trust, open dialogue, and
transparency in order to support the team and overall Credit Union
culture and mission.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as
What you can bring to MSUFCU:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent, or actively pursuing
this degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information
Technology Management, Business Administration or another related
field from accredited four-year college or university.
- PMP and/or PMI-ACP certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in project management. Must have
proven project management skills with past project management
assignments of varying complexity and experience.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at
least 20+ team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and
- Advanced understanding and experience using Project Management,
Service Management, and other software tools (i.e. JIRA, MS Office,
MS Project or similar products).
- Must have a solid understanding of software development life
cycle models as well as deep knowledge of both Agile and
traditional project management principles and practices and the
ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a
project and business environment.
- Multi-task orientation to handle and manage a number of
projects at once while remaining flexible to changing requirements
- Must be able to communicate with members, staff, executives,
and individuals in the community in a professional manner. This
will require excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal
communication skills along with the ability to present and explain
information effectively for non-technically inclined
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner and collaborate
effectively in teams with all levels of the organization.
- Must be available outside of normal business hours to assist in
recovery in the event of a failure or outage of a critical credit
Keywords: MSU Federal Credit Union, East Lansing , Project Manager, Other , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!