POSITION: Leasing & Marketing Team Leader (Full-time,
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate, plus Benefits and Bonus
As the Leasing & Marketing Team Leader, you are responsible for
assisting the Community Manager in maintaining all aspects of
property operations, but with a concentration on the leasing,
marketing, resident relations and functions of the community. The
Leasing & Marketing Team Leader strives for 100% occupancy through
retention of existing residents, leasing current availability and
pre-leasing of future availability.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Utilize Company leasing expectations and procedures to warmly
greet prospective clients, qualify, determine needs and
preferences, professionally present the property and apartment
homes, utilize feature/benefit selling, close the sale and
- Answer incoming phone calls professionally and handle
accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective client, a client,
an internal Company team member or a vendor.
- Complete all lease applications and participate in the
verification of applications. Notify prospective clients of
- Maintain accurate client records in accordance with Company
policy. Update daily reports concerning notice to vacate, vacancy
reports, activity reports, etc. on a daily basis.
- Maintain and perform upkeep of the tour route to ensure curb
- Assist residents with day to day tasks, as a part of the
community's concierge program.
- Participate in Cardinal U training as required.
- 1-2 years of customer service and sales experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- High-energy and enjoys a fast pace environment.
- Enjoy and take pride in providing excellent service.
- Excellent customer service skills warm, friendly and helpful in
person and on the phone.
- Basic computer skills: typing and writing ability for
correspondence, memos, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal Core Values
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Incumbents work both inside and outside of
apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including
amenities and have frequent exposure to outside elements where
temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel
and talk or hear. The Team Member regularly required to stand;
walk; reach with hands and arms, and climb, stoop, or squat.
Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and
interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to
work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but
not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet.
The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or
maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Rare or regular travel may be required to assist properties as
needed, attend training classes or other situations necessary for
the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will
follow any other instructions, and perform any other related
duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.