Company: Burcham Hills
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionBurcham Hills is an upscale senior living
retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State
University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have a vacancy for an
Executive Chef to work a Full-Time schedule. In this position an
Executive Chef will oversee daily operations of the kitchen and
ensure the highest quality food and menu preparation and
presentation and in addition to but not limited to the following
- Must be familiar with American cuisine, as well as European and
- Oversee breakfast, lunch and dinner for quality assurance of
meal presentation of portion control.
- Prepare and coordinates all meals from standardized recipes.
Coordinate prep for the following day's menu.
- Ensure an adequate number of culinary employees each shift and
ensure absences are covered.
- Manage menu and recipe development in addition to food ordering
- Manage budget compliance for daily food costs.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to
state and local health department code requirements. Ensure all
kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times.
Oversee the proper inventory, storage and use of cleaning
chemicals. Keep waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and
food recycling techniques.
- Will work closely with the Culinary Team and exhibit effective
leadership skills with kitchen personnel to ensure the community's
culinary standards are met for each of the approximate 300 meals
served three times a day, seven days a week.If you like to smile,
enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun
and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the
lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!Qualifications:
Associate Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical
school preferred. A minimum of one year experience working with
allergies, modified texture diets and therapeutic diets. Healthcare
foodservice experience preferred. GFS Production Program experience
preferred. ServSafe Food, Allergen and Alcohol Certified (or
ability to obtain after hire). Ability to read, write, speak and
comprehend written and oral instructions in English effectively, as
well as follow rules and safety requirements. PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE
- Senior advocacy
- Rewarding hospitality driven environment
- Growth opportunities
- Diverse culture
- Open door atmosphere
- Option to be paid daily
- Discounted employee meals
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program to all employees
- Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full
- Employee recognition programs
- Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
- Join an exceptional team!Many roles at Burcham Hills may
require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could
include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine
status. Please note that all employees are required to provide
proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved
exemption, as a condition of employment.Drug-free workplace.EEO &
Keywords: Burcham Hills, East Lansing , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!