Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) - After Hours 4pm-8am * $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS! - East Lansing
Company: Great Lakes Caring
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: December 29, 2018
OverviewGreat Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Hospice After Hours Registered Nurse is a trained professional nurse who administers skilled nursing care to patients and families who are terminally ill and meet Hospice admission criteria in the home or facility setting. May be required to perform admission, routine, respite, or continuous care visits and assess patients within regulatory requirements for Hospice. The Hospice After Hours Registered Nurse administers care to patients as needed. This will include pain/symptom management, admissions, and death visits. This is performed in accordance with physician orders.
My commitment will include:
- Performing admission, routine, respite, or continuous care visits and assess patients within regulatory requirements for hospice.
- Coordinating the care delivered to her/his patient caseload.
- Communicating regularly with the interdisciplinary team and identifying patient, family, or caregiver needs.
- Building rapport and communicating effectively with patients, families, physicians, facilities, and other interdisciplinary team members.
- Assessing assigned case load of hospice care patients and families to identify the physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients as evidenced by documentation, clinical records, interdisciplinary team reports, after-hours reports, and on-site evaluations.
- Participating in the implementation of the plan of care of an assigned case load to ensure quality, continuity of care, and achievement of patient outcome.
- Demonstrating compliance with accurate, timely and pertinent information regarding the patient, family and caregivers.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Certificate, Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
- Licensure: Current state License as a Registered Nurse. Must have valid driver's license.
- Experience: One (1) year experience as a nurse in a clinical care setting, hospice or home health environment preferred.
- Skills: Demonstrates ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients, families and caregivers in varied settings and to function effectively in the home or nursing facility environment. Demonstrates skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles. Ability to handle multiple priorities, documentation requirements and deadlines.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients. That is why a career at Great Lakes Caring offers:
- A new challenge that allows you to make your work meaningful. We help people every day who are in need of our care.
- Competitive compensation (based on experience)
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization and longevity
- NURSECAR--- company car program
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing to help you reach your goals
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice is one of the nation's leading providers of in home health care. Since 1994, Great Lakes Caring has dedicated its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring's primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine's Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.
Keywords: Great Lakes Caring, East Lansing , Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) - After Hours 4pm-8am * $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS! - East Lansing, Healthcare , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!