Company: Burcham Hills
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community
located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East
Lansing, MI. We currently have a vacancy for an MDS Coordinator-RN
to work a Part-Time schedule of around 20 hours per week. The MDS
Coordinator will oversee the completion of the MDS process for all
residents/clients on the skilled unit, in accordance with current
Federal and State standards, guidelines and regulations that govern
long term care facilities to assure that the highest degree of
quality care is provided to our residents/clients at all times and
in addition to but not limited to the following duties:
* Maintain schedule of MDS and notification of schedule to
interdisciplinary team members.
* Complete assigned portion of MDS using the MDS RAI manual.
* Computer input of MDS
* Transmission of data to the State within established timeframes
of government regulations.
* Maintain transmission records.
* Establish ICD-9 codes related to appropriate diagnosis.
* Discharge and Reentry tracking forms to be locked within 14 days
* Assist Social Services in the evaluation of appropriate
admissions to the Medicare Unit.
* Work with Therapy Department to establish appropriate plan of
care for residents/clients requiring therapy services.
Qualifications: Possess and maintain a valid, current and
unencumbered nursing license for the State of Michigan. Registered
Nurse/RN Required. A minimum of one-year prior experience in
completing the MDS. Clinical experience as a nurse, in an acute
care, long term care, assisted living community or other related
health care setting. Ability to work in a multi-faceted role.
Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written and oral
instructions in English.
PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE PAYCHECK:
* Senior advocacy
* Rewarding hospitality driven environment
* Growth opportunities
* Diverse culture
* Open door atmosphere
* Option to be paid daily
* Discounted employee meals
* Free parking
* Employee Assistance Program to all employees
* Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full
* Employee recognition programs
* Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
* Join an exceptional team!
Many roles at Burcham Hills may require that we ask about your
vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis,
flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are
required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and
receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.
Keywords: Burcham Hills, East Lansing , MDS Coordinator-RN, Healthcare , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!