RN Weekend Supervisor - Part Time
Company: Brightwell Behavioral Health
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 19, 2022
RN WEEKEND SUPERVISOR - PART TIMEBrightwell Behavioral Health is
dedicated to being a best practice psychiatric inpatient hospital
that provides short term care and treatment to seniors with
psychiatric diagnoses. Brightwell Behavioral Health provides
patients with compassionate and comprehensive treatment for all
their psychological, behavioral, physical and socialization needs.
We are a 23-bed inpatient facility. We offer a competitive salary,
benefits and free meals and drinks!The Weekend Supervisor
supervises the work and services provided by the nursing staff.
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing (DON) and the
ADON, the Weekend Supervisor may be responsible for a variety of
administrative responsibilities such as hiring and training staff,
scheduling of the medical and administrative systems. Has a key
role providing input to the hospital's management team in planning,
policy formulation, and administrative decision making with
particular reference to the role, functions, and operations of the
hospital's nursing services. Is responsible for patient care,
management, resources management. The Weekend Supervisor will work
closely with the DON/ADON to improve the quality of patient care
provided by the team.Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing the clinical care provided to acute and
psychiatric patients to assure that the high standard of care as
determined by the hospital mission, vision and values is
- Communicate, coordinate and provide recommendation to DON/ADON
for identified patient care, personnel and/or operational concerns
- Facilitates cooperative efforts of all disciplines as it
relates to patient care.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and
objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs, and
safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Helps direct the implementation of an effective, ongoing
program to measure, analyze, and improve the quality of nursing
care, treatment and services.
- Works collaboratively with DON/ADON to evaluate data and
implement change to improve Quality Indicators and Quality Measures
scores. Develops, implements, monitors and adapts quality measures
for AH program to ensure patient/customer satisfaction and
clinically appropriate treatment outcomes.
- Maintains the standards of nursing practice within the
- Assists in assigning staff, evaluates performance, and makes
recommendations for personnel actions.
- Helps to investigate and assesses new products. Assists with
In-service for all new equipment and products to appropriate staff.
Supports implementation of standardized equipment and procedures
throughout the facility whenever possible. Assists with care and
maintenance of patient care equipment and supplies.
- Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge of techniques,
guidelines and regulations. Interprets relevant laws, policies and
standards for effective and accurate implementation.
- Reviews all Incident Reports from acute units as needed for
- Communicates key information to associates and colleagues in an
effort to enhance teamwork to achieve the necessary change and
adaption to the healthcare environment.
- Helps to provide liaison with physicians to improve the
clinical function and efficiency of service delivery.Requirement
- BSN preferredRequirement Experience
- years of clinical and/or managerial experience in an acute care
psychiatric setting is also preferredRequirement Licensure
- Registered Nurse in the applicable state. BLS and Crisis
Prevention Intervention certifications within six
- Demonstrates competence to participate in interdisciplinary
formulation of individual treatment plans; to give skilled nursing
care and therapy; and to direct, monitor, and evaluate the nursing
- Excellent communication, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to implement programs, policies and procedures, etc.
that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a
sound business operation.
- Ability to follow all applicable policies and procedures,
current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and
regulations that govern long-term care.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Skilled in direct supervision of assigned staff.Working
- The employee may be exposed to blood borne pathogens,
infectious diseases, and other hazardous wastes, (i.e. Hepatitis,
- Proper precautions will be taught and provided by the
- Normal office environment while in the administrative
- Will also be exposed to elements of wind, rain and snow with
regular commuting to various hospital functions, customers,
physicians' offices, and various community businesses.
- The position requires a considerable amount of walking,
stooping, pulling, lifting, feeling, hearing, and repetitive
- Ability to move quickly in response to physician and patient
needs, to stand for long periods, occasional overhead and low
reaching, and to exert force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to
20 lbs. frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Patient care activities may require the ability to lift of up
to 30 lbs. constantly, up to 40 lbs. occasionally and up to 100
- Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with,
all applicable federal and state laws as well as regulations and
hospital policies that apply to assigned duties.
- Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior
and standards of conduct.
- Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of
protected health information and patient privacy.
- Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned
as required in the hospital's sole discretion.BBH123
Keywords: Brightwell Behavioral Health, East Lansing , RN Weekend Supervisor - Part Time, Healthcare , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!