Director of Food Services
Company: Trilogy Health Services
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 10, 2019
What You Can Expect:Directs the overall operation of the Dining
Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines and regulations.? Ensures that quality
nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the
dining services department is maintained in a clean, safe, and
sanitary manner.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, evaluates, and directs the Dining Services
Department. Implements the programs and activities of the
- Coordinates dining services and activities with other related
departments (Clinical, Marketing, Life Enrichment, etc.).
- Provides material safety data sheets (MSDS) for hazardous
chemicals used or stored in the dining services department to
Environmental Services Director for inclusion in campus
- Completes staff schedule for optimal daily functions according
to company policy.
- Implements regional changes to menus based upon resident input
obtained from weekly Chef Circle meetings.
- Processes diet changes and new diets as received from Clinical
- Ensures that a daily preparation plan is reviewed with the
preparation staff each day, at least one day in advance.
- Supervises and participates in food preparation for meals.
- Plans and provides catering services within the health campus
- Assists in planning the dietary/dining services portion of the
resident?s discharge plan.
- Interviews residents or family members within twenty-four (24)
to seventy-two (72) hours upon admission and completes online
- Assists in developing methods for determining quality and
quantity of food served.
- Completes dining room rounding daily visiting residents to
evaluate the quality of meals served, likes and dislikes, etc.
- Provides appropriate evening snack to clinical team for
delivery in the evening to all residents.
- Ensures that the dining areas are properly set and
- Meets with dining services personnel, on a regularly scheduled
basis, solicits advice from inter-department supervisors concerning
the operation of the Dining Services Department. Assists in
identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the methods of
improvement of services.
- Ensures proper training for all new employees to coincide with
the Culinary Apprenticeship Program.
- Reviews and checks competency of dining services personnel and
makes necessary adjustments/corrections as required, or that may
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other
department supervisors and coordinates dining services to assure
that daily services can be performed without interruption.
- Makes periodic rounds to check equipment and to assure that
necessary equipment is available and working properly.
- Checks supply rooms and custodial closets to assure that needed
supplies are on hand to perform assigned cleaning tasks.
- Ensures that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies,
equipment, etc., are maintained at adequate levels at all
- Purchases food services supplies, equipment, etc., as
- Implements procedures for the safe operation of all dining
- Ensures that only trained and authorized personnel operate the
department?s equipment, and that the equipment is operated in a
- Ensures that containers of hazardous chemicals used in the
department are properly labeled and stored.
- Ensures that the care plan identifies any special equipment and
utensils the resident may need (e.g., plate guard, enlarged
silverware handles, etc.).
- Provides substitute foods of similar nutritive value to
residents who refuse foods served.
- Controls and remains within budget requirements for supplies,
food, and labor costs through the use of the company spend down
- Maintains proper certifications and/or licenses required, if
- Minimal travel including overnight stay as
necessary.Location:The Willows at East LansingText One Of Our
Recruiters:Ryan (248) 963-8309What We're Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required.Licenses/Certifications:
- Certified Dietary Manager or,
- Certified Food Service Manager or,
- An associate's or higher degree in food service management,
restaurant management, or hospitality or,
- Similar national certification for food service management and
safety from a national certifying body or,?
- In states that have established standards for food service,
meets State requirements for food service manager or dietary
- Serve Safe Certified.
- As a condition of employment, applicant must agree to complete
necessary certification within one (1) year of
- Three (3) to five (5) years? hospitality, dining and culinary
experience. Healthcare, hospital, residential or senior living or
long-term care experience preferred.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, etc.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the
Microsoft Office Suite of products.Life At Trilogy:Headquartered in
Louisville, KY, Trilogy Health Services was founded in December
1997 and is dedicated to being the Best Healthcare Company in the
Midwest by providing exceptional, comprehensive care to seniors in
our living communities. Trilogy has over 100 locations and
continues to grow across IN, OH, MI and KY. Join our growing
company and experience the Trilogy Difference. We care for you
while you care for others. #C4UThe Trilogy Advantage
- Competitive Salaries & Weekly Pay
- Innovative Training Programs
- FREE Health Insurance Option + up to $1,500 in company
- Tuition?Reimbursement, Scholarships and Student Loan
- Employee Celebrations
- And much more!Equal Opportunity EmployerTrilogy Hires Heroes
Just Like YOU!--
Keywords: Trilogy Health Services, East Lansing , Director of Food Services, Executive , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!