Company: Michigan Health Information Network
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout UsWe understand that our business is our
people, and we go to great lengths to care for our employees
- FREE Medical, Dental, and Vision starting on first day, with
monthly premium paid by the MiHIN
- Employer contributions to Health Savings Account – covers
- Up to 7% 401(k) Employer contribution
- Paid holidays (typically includes a winter holiday shut down) &
four weeks PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement up to $2,500 a year
- Option for flex hours to accommodate religious, caretaking, or
- Comprehensive wellness programs
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Friday quitting time of 3:00 pm to start weekends with a
smilePosition Purpose The Security Manager is responsible for
managing the full life cycle of security operations, including
identifying and prioritizing potential threats, managing prevention
and detection methodologies, leading the incident response and
monitoring functions, as well as continuously improving security
operations strategy and process. The Security Manager is also
responsible for managing security throughout the entire SDLC to
ensure MiHIN products are designed, developed, and deployed in a
secure manner. Remote Position Primary job duties and
- Provide encouragement to team members, communicate team goals,
and identify areas for new training or skill development.
- Oversee team member work for quality and timely execution.
- Manage protection and detection solutions including endpoint
security platforms, WAFs, and others.
- Detect and manage system and application vulnerabilities,
collaborating closely with IT and Development on remediation.
- Ensure compliance with Security configuration standards. Detect
and coordinate remediation of deviations.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, reporting,
communication, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Facilitate annual Business Continuity Plan updates and
- Ensure compliance to Security Operations and Application
Security Service Level Agreements (SLA), process adherence and
process improvisation to achieve operational objectives and
- Analyze available data sources, security tools, and threat
trends and lead security monitoring and analysis techniques to
identify and defend against attacks against the enterprise.
- Continuously refine and enhance security operations and
application security strategy.
- Responsible for mentoring, management, scheduling, and overall
use of resources for Application Security and Security
- Establish and report Security Operations and Application
- Other duties as assigned. QualificationsRequired
- BA/BS in IS discipline or equivalent applicable experience
- Strong technical aptitude with 5+ years of hands-on System,
Security, or Network Administration experience
- Knowledge of core internet and networking protocols (DNS, DHCP,
TCP/IP, ARP, HTTP, HTTP/S, SSH), IP communication, OSI layers,
packet structure and troubleshooting
- Strong scripting skills (Python, BASH)
- Understanding of RESTful and SOAP API communication
- Experience in usage of security tools (Backtrack, Qualys,
Nessus, Metasploit, Kali, Burp Suite Pro, SonarCloud, NetSparkler,
tcpdump, wireshark, nmap, etc.)
- Experience with log or SIEM monitoring tools (Splunk,
- Experience securing AWS serverless architectures
- Demonstrated understanding of HIE operations and applicable
security and privacy legislation.
- Encourages and participates in knowledge sharing with other
- Strategic thinker balanced with a grasp of details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Service-oriented with demonstrated diplomacy and collaboration
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical and organizational
- Ability to think like an attacker and a detailed understanding
of defensive and offensive security.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a
proven ability to quickly analyze large amounts of often
conflicting data and making sound decisions. Thinks outside the box
to discover the signal within the noise.
- Strong focus on execution and delivery with ability to make
recommendationsDirect reports Security Operations and Application
Security team members. At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity
Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest
strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've
experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and
our communities. Because our family of companies serve everyone, we
believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire
qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race,
gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or
belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory
disability, citizenship, family or partnership status,
socio-economic upbringing, and more. We believe diversity and
inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an
organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Keywords: Michigan Health Information Network, East Lansing , Security Manager, Executive , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!