Manager, Public Finance
Company: Baker Tilly US, LLP
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Responsibilities1. - Lead and plan projects and client
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work. Lead the
engagement team in delivering products and services.
- Direct all phases of planning and administration for
- Research, write and review complex planning strategies,
services and client advice.
- Oversee billing and collections of clients.
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budget.
- Manage client relationship.
- Maintain active communication to manage expectations and ensure
- Respect the confidential and independent nature of the client
- Address and resolve client issues. -2. - Manage staff
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and
coaching. Impart knowledge, facilitate staff development and
provide training and learning experiences.
- Effectively delegate and oversee the work efforts by setting
goals, providing resources and removing obstacles.
- Evaluate performance and work efforts; provide input to team
leader and participate in performance appraisals process. Assist in
managing and improving underperformance.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high
- Actively facilitate effective team building.3. - Pursue new
- Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients.
Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into
engagements for the firm.
- Maintain primary and active relationships with key business
contacts, key clients and referral sources4. - Maintain primary and
active relationships with key business contacts, key clients and
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in
professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share
with colleagues as appropriate.
- Acknowledged and sought out by others due to extensive,
in-depth knowledge and expertise in field.
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state, federal and
international laws; evaluate and advise on the impact of new
related strategies, programs, and/or regulatory actions.
Qualifications1. - Minimum of five (5) years of progressive
experience in professional tax accounting functions including a
minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities
required.2. - Demonstrated management, analytical, organization,
interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly
developed software and Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel)
required.3. - Ability to lead and supervise others, provide
exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous
learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies,
see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate
ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency
and commitment to quality and the timely completion of
projects.#LI-AH1 OverviewBaker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a
leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a
genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and
top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the
world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San
Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent
member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of
independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148
territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide
revenue of $4.0 billion. Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the
opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent
acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an
opportunity you are exploring.Baker Tilly is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other
legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Baker Tilly US, LLP, East Lansing , Manager, Public Finance, Executive , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!