Location: East Lansing
Posted on: September 8, 2020
* JOB ID: 13686
* General Manager
* East Lansing, MI 48823
BE A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
Ferrellgas is searching for a General Manager to lead the service
center team in achieving financial success including year over year
performance, customer growth and retention, and ensuring safe &
efficient operations. This individual acts as a business owner and
inspires the team to grow the market share and customer base. As a
general manager, you will directly supervise our Logistics
Supervisors and District Managers, while providing leadership to
the entire service center team, while maintaining open
communication with the Region Manager.
* Medical, dental, and vision plans
* 401(k) retirement plan with company match
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* Paid Time Off (including holidays)
* Wellness program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Acts as a business owner and sets an example and inspires team to
embrace every new opportunity, defend the customer base and capture
increased market share
* Accountable for execution against key performance indicators
(KPIs), standards and systems to measure performance.
* Understands, analyzes, and utilizes P&L statements and other
* Develops plan and manages operations to achieve budgeted
* Develops working relationships with key customers at the local
level and interfaces with key high impact accounts.
* With the help of the management team, develops and executes
delivery and service routes that address customer needs in a
* Anticipates future needs/opportunities and integrates them into
the annual business plan.
* Using evidence-based management principles, coaches and provides
instruction for consistent improvement in key performance
* Bachelor s degree in operations or business management or related
* 6+ years of experience in an operations leadership role
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
* Proven history of ethical business decision and integrity and the
ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an
emphasis on developing a positive rapport with company employees at
all levels and outside constituents.
* Detail oriented with the ability to take projects/tasks through
* Strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability
to effectively multi-task.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a customer-focused
* Demonstrated persistence to overcome obstacles and challenges
with the ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
* Demonstrated skills in data analysis, strategic planning,
measurements, and fiscal responsibility.
* Proficient Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and
Why work for Ferrellgas* We re so much more than a company that
consistently ranks among the nation s largest propane retailers. We
re also a company that strives to provide the very best propane
service in each of the hundreds of communities we serve across the
Ferrellgas has been recognized by Forbes as one of the Best
Employers in America. For more information about the company
culture, visit our Life at Ferrellgas page. And, if you re
interested in being a part of a winning company, join the
Ferrellgas team today! Apply Now
Ferrellgas is an equal opportunity to all people without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran
status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other legally protected category.
Keywords: Ferrellgas, East Lansing , General Manager, Executive , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!