QA Automation Engineer - Big Data
Company: Zeta Global
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Our Big Data and Analytics Teams develop highly scalable and high
performant data pipelines and interfaces for managing Zeta Global's
standard and customer specific data stores. Our powerful REST APIs
deliver large amounts of data in a reliable and performance manner
to support multiple frontend applications and external clients.
This is your opportunity to significantly impact Zeta Global's
success, expand your technical and management skills, collaborate
with top tier software engineers, and to contribute to the rapid
growth of a team that is passionate about open source technology,
continuous learning, pair programming, peer code reviews, technical
talk in an agile and global environment.
- Review Stories and develop test scenarios and test cases.
- Work closely with Product management and Big Data Engineering
to ensure requirement traceability matrix is complete.
- Test our software products using various methods such as
automated, exploratory, regression and analyze the results,
ensuring defects are logged in detail and in a timely manner.
- Create automation tests in Java, Python and/or DB Scripts,
maintain existing scripts during maintenance cycles using new
testing approaches based for example on Apache Beam execution and
- Test our REST API with Java/Python using common practice
frameworks like RESTAssured
- Work on automations for Big Data services in batch and real
time streaming executions
- Plan, build and execute load and performance tests for data
processing services and databases
- Work closely with engineers and be a quality advocate to
produce high quality products
- Communicate test execution progress and summary metrics to the
- Proven experienced automation engineer - with expert-level
- Collaborative, and excited to be a key player on the team.
- Passionate about open source technology, continuous learning,
pair programming, peer code reviews, technical talks, and
- Technical expertise in Java or Python and SQL
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and Agile QA Best
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze epics/stories, raise
questions, seek resolution and clarification required for test case
- Experience performing testing on backend processes or REST API,
Databases centric applications
- Proficient defining and setting up performance and load
- Effective organizational & time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Jira. Experience with TestRail, or similar
test management tool.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Apache Beam, shell scripting, Docker,
- Experience with BigData development
Zeta is a data-driven marketing technology innovator whose
SaaS-based marketing cloud helps 500+ Fortune 1000 and Middle
Market brands acquire, retain and grow customer relationships
through actionable data, advanced analytics and machine
Founded by David A. Steinberg and John Sculley (former CEO of Apple
and Pepsi-Cola) in 2007, the company's highly-rated ZetaHub
technology platform has been recognized in Gartner's Magic Quadrant
for Digital Marketing Hubs (February 2017) and in its Magic
Quadrant for Multichannel Campaign Management (April 2017),
competing with offerings from Oracle, IBM, Salesforce and
Operating on four continents with 1,300+ employees, the company is
headquartered in New York City, with Centers of Excellence in
Silicon Valley, Boston, London, and Hyderabad, India.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry,
color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability,
veteran's status, or any other basis protected by law.
Zeta Global Recognized by The Relevancy Group as Industry Leader
for the 4th Consecutive Year
Zeta Global is Recognized as a Visionary by Gartner for the First
Keywords: Zeta Global, East Lansing , QA Automation Engineer - Big Data, Engineering , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!