Manufacturing Engineer, Additive Manufacturing
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: East Lansing
Posted on: August 4, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Engineer, Manufacturing, is responsible for supporting
the investigation, development, and execution of additive
manufacturing processes. Working alongside principal additive
engineer, program management, manufacturing, and quality
engineering, he/she will serve as a key technical resource for 3D
printing and post-processing.
The Senior Engineer, Manufacturing, evaluates complex engineering
tasks by investigating and advising on all technical aspects of
projects and processes. He/she will be expected to provide
technical guidance to less experienced professionals or technicians
assigned to work on a common project. In addition, he/she will be a
key stakeholder in the planning, investigation, and execution of
strategic business cases as it relates to additive
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Additive Manufacturing, reports
to the Engineering Manager and works alongside Engineering
Technicians, Machine Operators, and other Engineers in both Quality
and Manufacturing Engineering.
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve has key technical resource for additive manufacturing
projects (translate customer designs to additive process, print,
- Designs and manages Bills of Materials and process routings in
support of manufacturing operations and quotations.
- Assists in time and cost estimates.
- Develop manufacturing best practices for company by using
knowledge of GD&T and use of precision measuring
- Participates in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews with
internal teams. Reviews drawings, 3D models, and specifications to
- Assists with process validations to support implementation of
new manufacturing processes.
- Creates, requests, and updates various documentation including
inspection forms, attribute charts, customer-specific requirements,
forecasting, quality agreements, non-disclosure agreements,
routings, and Bill of Materials.
- Designs and manages fabrication or acquisition of fixtures used
in various processes. Ensures the successful implementation of
fixtures on the production floor.
- Participates in and occasionally leads problem solving teams
utilizing lean manufacturing methods.
- Assists in creating programs (such as Laser Marking programs,
CNC programs), 3D models, associated fixtures, drawings, templates,
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following
company standards and procedures.
- Trains shop employees on improvements to manufacturing methods,
products and new production equipment.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
5+ Years of engineering experience (Required), 7+ Years of
Engineering Experience, Experience Operating CNC
Bachelor of Science (B.S) - Engineering Required, , , Master -
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Extensive Experience), Customer
Communication (Working Experience), Data Analysis Tools (Working
Experience), Design Manipulation (Working Experience), Information
Capture (Extensive Experience), Information Processing (Extensive
Experience), Interpersonal Communication (Working Experience), Lean
Manufacturing (Working Experience), Manufacturing Industry
(Extensive Experience), Manufacturing Process (Extensive
Experience), Manufacturing Regulatory Environment (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Quality
Management (Working Experience), Robotics/Computer Controlled
Machinery (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Occasionally moves heavy equipment, boxes, and other materials
- Constantly operates a computer
- Frequently inspects and places parts
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, East Lansing , Manufacturing Engineer, Additive Manufacturing, Engineering , East Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!